Fleet Week Tour of New York Harbor
Presented in partnership with Classic Harbor Line
- 2.5-hour narrated cruise aboard Classic Harbor Line’s Manhattan
- One complimentary drink and light refreshments
- Sail by military landmarks including the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Brooklyn Army Terminal, and Brooklyn Navy Yard
- See Navy ships visiting Fleet Week NYC 2016, including on Manhattan’s West Side, Staten Island, and Brooklyn
- Get stunning views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, lower Manhattan Skyline, and a pass under the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges
- * All site visits subject to weather and sea conditions
In honor of Fleet Week and Memorial Day, we are again working with Classic Harbor Line to offer this special series of boat tours focusing on the military history of New York Harbor, especially during World War II. Starting from Chelsea Piers, this 2.5-hour cruise aboard their beautiful motor yacht Manhattan will feature visits to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Brooklyn Army Terminal, Staten Island Navy pier, and USS Intrepid, as well as getting a waterside view of the active naval vessels. Along the way, we will share the stories of sailors, shipbuilders, longshoremen and merchant mariners who built New York Harbor into the heart of the American war effort. Each ticket includes one complimentary drink from the bar and light snacks. Fleet Week NYC 2016 will be the largest assembly of naval ships to visit the city in years, featuring two US Navy destroyers, three ships from the Royal Canadian Navy, and the massive amphibious assault ship USS Bataan. In addition to stopping on Manhattan’s West Side and Staten Island, ships will also be coming to Brooklyn, berthing at the Red Hook Cruise Ship Terminal.
- Saturday, May 28, 10:15am
- Sunday, May 29, 4:30pm`
• Click the tabs below for tour information •
General Admission: $68 per person
Advance ticket purchase is recommended, though tickets may be purchased at the Classic Harbor Line kiosk at Chelsea Piers.
Discounts for veterans: World War II veterans and World War II-era defense workers receive free admission for this tour – just select these complimentary tickets when completing your reservation. Other veterans and military personnel are eligible for a 15% discount. Call (212) 627-1825 for details.
We ask tour participants to please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start, as the boat will depart promptly at the tour start time.
All tours begin and end at Chelsea Piers, Pier 62, located near the junction 22nd St and the West Side Highway in Manhattan. Please visit Classic Harbor Line’s Frequently Asked Questions page for driving directions and information on public transportation and parking nearby.
This tour will be offered in 2016 on:
- Saturday, May 28, 10:15am
- Sunday, May 29, 4:30pm
Please contact us or call (347) 903-8687 if you have any questions regarding accessibility, and we will do our best to make appropriate accommodations. Unfortunately, the yacht Manhattan is not accessible to people in wheelchairs.
New York Harbor on the Turnstile Blog: