This recipe comes to us from Chef Yo Teerawong of New York City’s Pinto Garden, with locations in Greenwich Village and Brooklyn Heights. Chef Yo cooked this dish for us on our Thai Food in America series, episode 4, “Cooking with Thai Ingredients.”
Estimated cooking time: 5 minutes
- 6 oz palm sugar (can substitute other sugars)
- 6 oz lime juice
- 4 oz fish sauce
- 1 chili
- 1 garlic clove
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Pour all ingredients together in a blender or use a mortar and pestle to mash them together. Chef Yo does not recommend using a Vitamix or other high-speed blenders, as they over-liquify the solid ingredients.
- Pour over a seasonal salad of your choice – Chef Yo uses this to dress watermelon and papaya salad in the summertime, and in the fall, it goes well with steamed corn, string beans, and peanuts.
Watch Chef Yo make it:
Photo credit: Clay Williams Photo
- Virtual Programs Main Page • Become a Turnstile Member
- Past Virtual Programs • Virtual Programs FAQs