Artist, rigger, and ship modeler Frank Hanavan follows up on his recent popular presentation on knots, drawing from his experience on tall ships to share knots for nautical and everyday use. No need to worry if you missed part 1 of this series, as Frank will continue with some basic knots, and he will also share some of his incredible ship models that he has constructed (and rigged) over the years.
- Sadly, on the same day of this program, Brion Toss, author of The Complete Rigger’s Apprentice, passed away. You can find his memorial page on Facebook.
- The Marlinspike Sailor (1993) by Hervey Gerrett Smith
- See resources from Knot Tying 101
- Virtual Programs Main Page • Become a Turnstile Member
- Past Virtual Programs • Virtual Programs FAQs