Celebrate the 101st birthday of the Brooklyn Army Terminal’s opening on this special program about the facility’s unique role in World War II. BAT served as the headquarters of the New York Port of Embarkation, the largest port operation in the country that oversaw the transportation of millions of troops and tons of supplies. We will listen to oral histories of workers and service members from the period, view archival images that highlight the incredible scale of activity, and share stories of some of the remarkable operations conducted from the Army Terminal across the globe.
- Brooklyn to Belfast: Red Bull Division Were First US Overseas Troops of World War II
- Americal Division: Brooklyn Army Terminal Sends First US Troops to Pacific
- The Pickabacks, Unsung Heroes of D-Day
- American Merchant Marine at War
- Virtual Programs Main Page • Become a Turnstile Member
- Past Virtual Programs • Virtual Programs FAQs