This recipe comes to us from Chefs Sanun Nakapat and Aura Piyada of New York City’s A Plus Thai Place. The chefs cooked this dish for us on our Thai Food in America series, episode 3, “Cooking Thai Regional Dishes: North and South.”
Estimated cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- String beans
- Bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (you can substitute cane sugar if necessary, but as it is sweeter than palm sugar, you may want to reduce the quantity)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Steam rice noodles with string beans and bean sprouts, set aside in a bowl.
- Mix together the palm sugar, fresh lime juice, fish sauce, chili paste, and chili powder and simmer in chicken broth.
- Pour over steamed noodles and mix together.
- Garnish with ground pork, meat balls, boiled egg, crushed peanut, crispy garlic, bean sprouts, and cilantro.
Watch Chefs Sanun and Aura make it: