Presented in partnership with the
- 2-hour guided tour with frequent stops to explore sites more closely
- Bicycle tours are on the select weekends at 11am, March–October
- Ride bike through 300 acres of waterfront property closed to the general public
- Attendees on all public bicycle tours are responsible for providing their own bicycles and safety helmets
Hop on your bike and take a ride through 300 acres of history, industry, architecture, and nature on our Brooklyn Navy Yard Bicycle Tours. Each tour is offered on a different theme. For those interested in architecture and development projects, our Architecture & Infrastructure Tour is great option. If you are more interested in history, our World War II Tour dives deep into life at the Yard in the 1940’s. For those interested in green roofs, urban farming, and nature in the city, our Urban Ecology Tour is a unique experience. And if you would like a little bit of both, or if you’re visiting the Yard for the first time, the Past, Present & Future Tour will cover all the bases.
Each tour will have a slightly different route, but highlights include the historic Dry Dock No. 1, built in 1851 and still in use today for ship repair; the newly-renovated Building 77, a massive World War II-era building that now houses the Food Manufacturing Centery; and many examples of 19th-century buildings beautifully renovated and repurposed for modern industry. This is a great way to see another side of one of New York City’s most intriguing waterfront sites.
2019 Tours: Schedule Coming Soon!
- Inside Industry at the Brooklyn Navy Yard: Women Welders, Past and Present, Mar 8
- Inside Industry at the Brooklyn Navy Yard: Love Stories and Letterpress, Feb 9
- Inside Industry at the Brooklyn Navy Yard: Digital Fabrication, Jan 31
- Special Tours Mark 75 Years Since the End of World War II at the Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Special Brooklyn Navy Yard Tour with Jennifer Egan, Mar 1