Experience the work of artisans, techies, and manufacturers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and learn why they, and hundreds of other companies, have chosen to make their products locally. This guided tour begins at the Brooklyn Navy Yard Center at BLDG 92’s gallery, which showcases the some of the 450+ businesses that call the Navy Yard home. Participants will then head out into the Yard for an immersive look at “making it,” including at least one visit to a factory, workshop, or studio of a featured Yard business, where visitors will have the opportunity to see things being made and meet and ask questions of business owners and staff of the companies that have made the Brooklyn Navy Yard a pre-eminent center of industry and manufacturing in New York City. Companies featured on the tours rotate each month, so click below for details.
- FRI, Jan 31, 9:30am: Digital Fabrication with Scott Jordan Furniture & Roboto.nyc
- SUN, Feb 9, 2pm: Love Stories & Letterpress with Woodside Press
- FRI, Feb 14, 9:30am: New Lab
- SUN, Mar 8, 2pm: Women Welders with Susan Woods & Michelle Greene
- FRI, Apr 10, 9:30am: New Lab
• Featured Businesses •