Experience the work of artisans, techies, and manufacturers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and learn why they, and hundreds of other companies, have chosen to make their products locally. This guided tour begins at the Brooklyn Navy Yard Center at BLDG 92’s gallery, which showcases the some of the 450+ businesses that call the Navy Yard home. Participants will then head out into the Yard for an immersive look at “making it,” including at least one visit to a factory, workshop, or studio of a featured Yard business, where visitors will have the opportunity to see things being made and meet and ask questions of business owners and staff of the companies that have made the Brooklyn Navy Yard a pre-eminent center of industry and manufacturing in New York City. Companies featured on the tours rotate each month, so click below for details.
General Admission: $20 per person / $35 (special programs)
Seniors (65+): 10% off
Students: 10% off
Children (5-12): 50% off
Children under 5 are welcome to attend free.
Advance ticket purchase is required.
Discounts for veterans: World War II veterans and World War II-era defense workers receive free admission for this tour. Other veterans and active-duty military personnel receive a 25% discount – just select these ticket types when making your reservation, and you may be asked to show a military ID or VA card at check-in.
These tours are 1 hours 30 minutes OR 2 hours in length. Please check the availability for start time and length before booking.
Public tours are offered on Fridays at 9:30am and select Sundays at 2pm.
Use the calendar below to find our next available tour date. If you are interested in other tours about the industry and manufacturing, check out our Brooklyn Army Terminal and Wafels & Dinges programs.
All public tours begin and end at the Brooklyn Navy Yard Center at BLDG 92, located at the corner of Flushing Ave and Carlton Ave in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn. Click the map on the left for Google Maps directions or view our neighborhood map.
- Subway: The nearest subway stations to BLDG 92 are at York St (F), High St-Brooklyn Bridge (A,C), and Clinton-Washington Av (G), and each is about a 15-minute walk from BLDG 92. View our map for walking directions from each of these stations, and visit mta.info for maps and service alerts.
- Ferry: NYC Ferry provides service directly to the Brooklyn Navy Yard on the Astoria Route, with a non-stop connection from Wall St-Pier 11 of East 34th St. When you disembark, follow signs to Building 77. Exit the building at Flushing Ave and turn right, and BLDG 92 will be two blocks down on your right. Ferry rides are $2.75, and they do not accept MetroCards. View our map for directions.
- Bus: The B57 and B69 travel along Flushing Ave and stop one block from BLDG 92. You may also take the B62, which stops on Park Ave, one block south of the Brooklyn Navy Yard. If traveling by bus, be sure to allow plenty of extra time for your trip, as weekend schedules can be unreliable (visit mta.info for maps and service alerts). Do not take the B67, as this will take your through the Yard, but you will not be able to get off inside the Yard, and it will drop you far from BLDG 92.
- Driving: The Brooklyn Navy Yard is easily accessible from the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278), either via the exits for Tillary St (exit 29B), Flushing Ave (exit 30 eastbound), or Wythe Ave/Kent Ave (exit 31 westbound).
- Parking: On the weekends, it is usually not difficult to find street parking in the immediate vicinity of the Yard. There is also a free public parking lot one block south of the yard on Park Ave, underneath the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. Parking within the gates of the Brooklyn Navy Yard is only available for drivers with an accessible parking sticker – please contact us for directions to the accessible parking.
- Bicycle: There is a bicycle lane along Flushing Ave, and BLDG 92 offers plenty of racks to park your bike. If you would like to use a CitiBike, there is a station immediately across the street on Flushing Ave, and stations in close proximity to the York St, High St-Brooklyn Bridge, and Clinton-Washington subway stations.
- IMPORTANT TIPS:
- If using a GPS or mobile app to reach BLDG 92, enter “Flushing Ave & Carlton Ave, Brooklyn” or “1 Carlton Ave.” Do not enter “63 Flushing Ave” or “Brooklyn Navy Yard” – this is the address for the entire 300-acre Navy Yard, and it will not bring you to the correct location.
- The Brooklyn Navy Yard is a secure industrial park. Do not attempt to enter the Yard through any entrances other than BLDG 92, as you will be turned away.
Please contact us for more details on booking a private tour of the Brooklyn Navy Yard or visit our Group Tours page. Availability for private groups that wish to visit tenant spaces is extremely limited, so we encourage groups to purchase tickets for our scheduled Inside Industry public tours, and we can offer discounted group rates.
• Featured Businesses •
- Pizza and Process: A Conversation with Designer Steph Mantis | Virtual Program | Thursday, June 4, 11am
- Art in Crisis: A Conversation with Charlotta Janssen | Free Virtual Program | Sunday, June 7, 11am
- Missiles and Meteorites: Polar Exploration and the Brooklyn Navy Yard | Virtual Program | Wednesday, June 10, 11am
- Learning to See the Earth: Discussion and Drawing Workshop with Sarah Olson | Virtual Program | Thursday, June 11, 11am
- The Saga of Salty Sam, Navy Mascot | Virtual Program