In honor of Memorial Day, we are again working with Classic Harbor Line to offer this special boat tour focusing on the military history of New York Harbor, especially during World War II. Starting from Chelsea Piers, this 2-hour cruise aboard their beautiful motor yacht Manhattan II will feature waterside visits to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Brooklyn Army Terminal, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, and many of the harbor’s historic forts and military monuments. Along the way, we will share the stories of sailors, shipbuilders, longshoremen and merchant mariners who built New York Harbor into the heart of the American war effort. Each ticket includes one complimentary drink from the bar.
Tour Info & Highlights
The following guidelines are from Classic Harbor Line:
Guests can book tickets with confidence in our cancelation flexibility. Also, there have been many updates to our operating practices that guests should review:
- All tickets can be rescheduled or converted to credit up until 24 hours in advance for ANY reason.
- 'Private Option' tickets are available on most of our excursions if you would like to secure a sail for only you and your close family or friends.
- **Capacity is reduced to follow the current New York State Guidelines.
- Assigned 'zones' or 'tables' are assigned for social distancing practices on each of our excursions.
- Each guest over the age of 2 must wear a face mask.
- Each crew member will don a face mask.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout your experience with us.
- Contactless transactions are enabled for ticket purchase, check-in, bar purchases and tipping.
- High-touch points of the yachts are sanitized between every sail we operate.
- Guests and CHL crew will be turned away if they have apparent symptoms. Additionally, CHL Crew will have temperature checks prior to working daily.
- A health questionnaire regarding COVID-19 exposure, symptoms, or test positives will be given to all prior to boarding.
- Food and alcohol service is subject to the current New York State guidelines and requirements.
Classic Harbor Line will be closely adhering to the guidelines set forth by New York State's Reopening Plan. Please also note that the guidelines we adopt may be changed over time by governing authorities and we will therefore adjust accordingly. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the parameters of our operation will be the same on your cruise as the parameters set forth during your time of purchase nor may they be the same as the last time you cruised or sailed with us.
Do I have to wear a mask the entire time?
Yes. For your and our crew's safety, we ask that you wear your mask the whole time, and only slide it to the side periodically to take a sip or for a quick photo, but then we ask your return it to its full coverage position - covering both your nose and mouth.
What is the air ventilation like?
All seating on the schooners is open-air on the outer decks. Full Moon & Kingston will have all windows open and an open-air experience. The Manhattans have been outfitted with HEPA filters for their interior spaces, but also have open-air outer decks on the bow.
How much space is between me and the next person?
This will vary based on attendees. Do note that face masks are required by each guest, capacity is reduced to follow the current New York State Guidelines depending on the venue, and private 'zones' or private 'tables' will be designated.
Can I choose my assigned 'Zone' or 'Table'?
Our ticketing system will space bookings as they come in based on size. You can make requests (i.e. port, starboard, forward, etc.), and we will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee it will be available. All Tickets on the Manhattans will be assigned to ‘tables’ in the main salons, partitioned by plexiglass panes. All tickets on the schooners will be assigned to ‘zones’ on the open deck. All tickets on Full Moon or Kingston will be assigned to sitting areas.
Can we move around the boat? If on the Manhattans, can we go to the outer forward deck?
Yes. Please just be courteous of others, creating the best case social distancing practices.
How many guests will be on the boat?
Capacity is reduced to follow the current New York State Guidelines.
How often is the boat sanitized?
The boat is sanitized between every sail, including all high-touch points (handrails, doorknobs, chairs, table tops) and bathrooms.
Can I eat on the boat?
We will have light food options available. For health & safety concerns, we ask that if you do bring personal food, that it is nothing more than a simple, individual snack. Effective 2/12/21, indoor food and beverage consumption may resume according to New York State law.
- For groups of 2–3 guests: $78 per person
- For groups of 4 or more: $68 per person
All tours begin and end at Chelsea Piers, Pier 62, located near the junction 22nd St and the West Side Highway in Manhattan. Please visit Classic Harbor Line’s Frequently Asked Questions page for driving directions and information on public transportation and parking nearby.
Please contact us for more details on booking a private tour with Classic Harbor Line.