In honor of Fleet Week and Memorial Day, we are again working with Classic Harbor Line to offer this special series of boat tours focusing on the military history of New York Harbor, especially during World War II. Starting from Chelsea Piers, this 2.5-hour cruise aboard their beautiful motor yacht Manhattan II will feature visits to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Brooklyn Army Terminal, Staten Island Navy pier, and USS Intrepid, as well as getting a waterside view of the active naval vessels.
Along the way, we will share the stories of sailors, shipbuilders, longshoremen and merchant mariners who built New York Harbor into the heart of the American war effort. Each ticket includes one complimentary drink from the bar and light snacks. Fleet Week NYC will feature a huge assembly of ships from the United States Sea Services, including the US Navy, Coast Guard, and Marine Corps. In addition to stopping on Manhattan’s West Side and Staten Island, ships will also be coming to Brooklyn, berthing at the Red Hook Cruise Ship Terminal.
- Safe Harbor? New York's Coastal Defense Forts from the Revolution to Today | Episode 180
- Arch Puppets: When Grand Army Plaza Had a Puppet Lending Library | Virtual Program | Thursday, January 21
- Virtual Walking Tour of the Monuments of Manhattan's Battery | Virtual Program | Monday, January 25
- Steamboat Savant: The Case of Samuel Morey v. Robert Fulton | Episode 182
- Sustainable Manufacturing with Countertop Maker IceStone | Episode 181