These guidelines were updated on April 4, 2022, so please read them carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and the general public. Please review these guidelines before booking your tour, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Masks must be worn indoors at all times by all visitors, regardless of age or vaccination status.
PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED FOR SOME TOURS: Proof of a full course of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all participants age 5 or older on select tours (two doses for all vaccines except the one-dose Johnson & Johnson; booster is not required).
These rules apply to all Brooklyn Army Terminal Tours, Brooklyn Navy Yard Tours, and Public Market Tours, as all or part of these tours take place indoors, and frequently visit business premises. Proof of vaccination is NOT currently required for any participants on Food Cart Tours or Prospect Park Tours.
In order to participate in these tours, you must bring a photo ID (if 18 or older) and one of the following, which will be checked at the beginning of the tour:
- A photo or hard copy of your CDC vaccination card
- NYC COVID Safe App Apple / Android
- New York State Excelsior App (available only to people who have been vaccinated in New York State) Apple / Android
- Official vaccine record
- A photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of an accepted vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca-Oxford, COVAXIN, Novavax, Sinopharm-BIBP, or Sinovac.
Please make note of these other guidelines for all of our tours.
- Everyone must bring a mask: Please bring a mask that fully covers your nose and mouth, as circumstances may arise in which a mask is required. Please note that many of our staff live in households with small children that cannot currently be vaccinated, so they may request that you wear your mask, even when outside.
- Maintain social distancing: In order to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, we ask that everyone stay at least 6 feet apart from people who are not in their immediate pod or group.
- If you are feeling unwell either before or during your tour experience, please remove yourself from the tour and let us know so that we can refund your ticket or reschedule you to a future date.
- We’re committed to working together to create a healthy and safe experience for our team and visitors, and our professionally-trained guides will be there to support you. Turnstile Tours’ staff have received training on compliance with new health and safety protocols, will have hand sanitizer on their person, and will be wearing their masks at all times during the tour and when interacting with the public.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for individuals who endanger staff, visitors, and partners by refusing to abide by these rules, or who engage in verbal or physical harassment, displays discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the experience of others. Tour participants who violate these policies may be asked to leave the tour without a refund.
- Turnstile Tours may collect and retain the names and contact information of all tour attendees in the event that contact tracing efforts are necessary, and this information may be shared with public health authorities.
- Even if you have received a vaccine, you must abide by all of these rules.
- As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By taking a tour with Turnstile Tours and going outside, you voluntarily assume such risks.