COVID-19 Health & Safety
These guidelines were updated on October 1, 2022, so please read them carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and the general public. Please review these guidelines before booking your tour, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Everyone must bring a mask: Masks are not required on tours, but please bring a mask that fully covers your nose and mouth, as circumstances may arise in which a mask is required, such as visiting a business or indoor space that requires them. Please note that some staff may wear masks throughout the tour, and they may request that visitors wear masks, even when outside.
- If you are feeling unwell either before or during your tour experience, please remove yourself from the tour and let us know so that we can refund your ticket or reschedule you to a future date.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for individuals who endanger staff, visitors, and partners by refusing to abide by these rules, or who engage in verbal or physical harassment, displays discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the experience of others. Tour participants who violate these policies may be asked to leave the tour without a refund.
- Turnstile Tours may collect and retain the names and contact information of all tour attendees in the event that contact tracing efforts are necessary, and this information may be shared with public health authorities.
- Even if you have received a vaccine, you must abide by all of these rules.
- As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By taking a tour with Turnstile Tours and going outside, you voluntarily assume such risks.