NYC naturalist Gabriel Willow gives a multimedia presentation about Pale Male and some of the other Red-tailed Hawks that have made an astonishing and inspiring comeback in the area over the past 30 years. There were no breeding Red-tails in urban NYC & NJ in the 1980s, and now there are at least 50 pairs! We’ll also discuss the basics of raptor identification and conservation challenges as well. Gabriel Willow is an Educator and Urban Naturalist who leads tours and teaches classes for NYC Audubon, Wave Hill, and others, co-created an innovative interactive citizen science program and app called The WildLab, and is an illustrator and DJ.
- Gabriel Willow on Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
- “Pale Male is Taking His Cues from Hefner,” New York Times, April 8, 2011
- Hawk Mountain, PA
- 55 Water Street Falcon Cam
- Red Tails in Love (2005) by Marie Winn
- Central Park in the Dark (2008) by Marie Winn
- Pale Male: Citizen Hawk of New York City (2008) by Jane Schulman