Join the Brooklyn Public Library’s Brooklyn Cultural Adventures Program (BCAP) every weekday at 10am for Adventures in Brooklyn. Virtually visit many different cultural partners as we explore art, science, reading, and more across Brooklyn from home! From July 6 to 10, we will be hosting special programs all about the Brooklyn Navy Yard, including learning about ships and how they are built and repaired, looking at many of the products that are made in the Yard today, and exploring stories of people, ships, and even animals from the Yard’s long history.
This program is designed for children ages 5 to 10 and their families. Click the links below to watch the 30-minute episodes on YouTube:
- Monday: Boats of Wallabout Bay
- Tuesday: Fixing Boats in a Dry Dock
- Wednesday: Animal Stories of the Yard w/ Thyra Heder
- Thursday: Making Products at the Brooklyn Navy Yard w/ Carrie Bilbo
- Friday: Reusing and Recycling