PAST PROGRAM | Virtual Programs
Join us for a special virtual tour in celebration of Frederick Law Olmsted’s 200th birthday that explores two of his New York City masterpieces—Central Park and Prospect Park. Built a decade apart, Central and Prospect Park share many similarities, but also reflect Olmsted’s evolution as a park designer and his lasting influence on landscape design and public space. Guides from Central Park Conservancy will be on site to highlight Central Park’s arches, meadows, and natural features, as Turnstile Tours guides examine parallel features in Prospect Park and compare and contrast the different elements of the parks, including examples of Olmsted designs that have been adapted to fit better with modern-day recreational uses and ecological practices.
- Olmsted 200 Events in Prospect Park
- Olmsted 200 Events in Central Park
- Olmsted 200 events across the US
- WATCH Restoring the Endale Arch
- Reimagining Prospect Park’s Vale
- Central Park’s Dene Slope