Get a taste of the streets of Manhattan on this 2-hour walking tour that explores the past and present of New York’s street food industry and the challenges of running these thriving but demanding small businesses. Each tour includes generous tastings from some of the best food carts and trucks in New York City – the menu rotates from week to week, but tastings on your tour may include falafel and lamb off the bone, halal chicken and rice, Korean short ribs, Bengali kati rolls, Belgian waffles, and Mexican quesadillas, all prepared in these curbside kitchens. But beyond the delicious food, you will also get the chance to meet working street vendors, understand the rules and regulations they navigate every day, and learn what to takes to launch and run a successful street food business. You will never look at street food the same way again! Tours are available in Midtown or the Financial District, and 5% of all Food Cart Tour ticket sales are donated to the Street Vendor Project.
Tour Info & Highlights
Tastings from some of the best street food vendors in New York City
Walk a few blocks to taste cuisine from around the world
- Learn what it takes to run a demanding food cart or truck from the vendors themselves
- Can accommodate many dietary needs
- Tours support the Street Vendor Project
These tours are offered in support of the Street Vendor Project.
Street Food on the Turnstile Blog:
- A Brief History of NYC Street Vending | Virtual Fundraiser for the Street Vendor Project
- From Fufu to Cheb: Enjoying West African Cuisines in NYC with Dave Cook | Virtual Program
- A Look Back at the Vendy Awards with the Street Vendor Project's Matt Shapiro | Virtual Program
- Eat These Foods of New York with Brian Hoffman | Virtual Program
- Eating In Translation with Dave Cook | Virtual Program