Discover hidden treasures, natural wonders and little-known tales on these interactive guided tours of Prospect Park in the heart of Brooklyn, presented by Turnstile Tours in partnership with Prospect Park Alliance. While taking in the beauty of this iconic park’s woodlands, waterways, wildlife, and landmarks, explore the fascinating layers of natural and human history, from the flora and geology, to the architectural eras visible in the built environment, to the past and present of recreation and play. Explore how use of the park has changed over time, from the original vision of designers Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, to projects underway today that support environmental conservation, historic preservation, and recreational and cultural access for Brooklynites and visitors from around the world.
Tour Info & Highlights
Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, designers of Central Park
In-person tours are now being offered, but with modifications to protect the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and the public. Please review the guidelines below before booking.
- Tours are limited to 10 participants.
- Access to public restrooms may be limited throughout the tour, so please plan accordingly.
- Social Distancing: In order to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, we ask that everyone stay at least 6 feet apart from people who are not in their immediate pod or group.
- Masks: All tour participants are required to wear a mask that fully covers their nose and mouth whenever the tour is inside, so please bring a mask, as most tours have an indoor portion. While on food tours, participants can remove their masks while eating and drinking, but are asked to please maintain a six-foot distance from people who are not in their immediate pod or group.
- Vaccinations: Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks while outdoors, but we ask individuals who have not been fully vaccinated to please wear a mask for the duration of the tour, per New York State guidelines. We do not require proof of vaccination to participate in any of our tours.
- If you are feeling unwell either before or during your tour experience, please remove yourself from the tour and let us know so that we can refund your ticket or reschedule you to a future date.
- We’re committed to working together to create a healthy and safe experience for our team and visitors, and our professionally-trained guides will be there to support you. Turnstile Tours’ staff have received training on compliance with new health and safety protocols, will have hand sanitizer on their person, and will be wearing their masks at all times during the tour and when interacting with the public.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for individuals who endanger staff, visitors, and partners by refusing to abide by these rules, or who engage in verbal or physical harassment, displays discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the experience of others. Tour participants who violate these policies may be asked to leave the tour without a refund.
- Turnstile Tours collects and retains the names and contact information of all tour attendees in the event that contact tracing efforts are necessary, and this information may be shared with public health authorities.
- Even if you have received a vaccine, you must abide by all of these rules.
- Turnstile Tours’ enhanced safety protocols are based on current City and State mandates and recommended guidelines. As in any public outdoor setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By taking a tour with Turnstile Tours and going outside, you voluntarily assume such risks. Please review our full statement and guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety.
- General Admission: $25 per person
- Seniors (65+): $22.50
- Students and Veterans: $22.50
- Children (5-12): $12.50
- Prospect Park Alliance Members: 25% off
- Children under 5 are welcome to attend free
- Advance ticket purchase is required
Prospect Park is a 585-acre park located in the center of Brooklyn. Tours may begin and end at different locations, so please take note of this when booking. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, or view the Prospect Park map.
Click the map below for Google Maps directions. If traveling by public transportation, visit mta.info for directions and service alerts.
Hidden Treasures, Sustainable Prospect Park, Art & Architecture Tours
Starting Point: Tours begin on the front steps of the Brooklyn Public Library Central Library, located at 10 Grand Army Plaza. The nearest subway stations are at Grand Army Plaza (2,3) and 7th Av (B,Q).
End Point: These tours end at either the LeFrak Center at Lakeside, located in the southeast corner of the park near the Parkside Av (Q) subway station, or at the Children’s Corner, near the Prospect Park (B,Q,S) station.
These tours are offered on behalf of the Prospect Park Alliance, a nonprofit organization founded in 1987 to restore and maintain Prospect Park after a long period of steady deterioration and decline. The Alliance works to preserve the natural environment, restore historic design, and provide public programs and amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year. If you would like to become the member of the Alliance and support their work, you can add a membership to your purchase when reserving tour tickets. Membership levels include:
- Friend ($35): Prospect Park Alliance aluminum water bottle, $35 off a Citi Bike annual membership, invitations to fall and spring Member Tours & Trails, and 10% off season passes for ice skating, roller skating, bike and boat rentals at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside
- Supporter ($100): Prospect Park Alliance tote bag, invitation to Member Creatures of the Night tour, subscription to Brooklyn Magazine, $1 off a beer at the Smorgasburg Beer Garden, and complimentary skating admission on Wednesdays
- Family Supporter ($150): All of the Supporter benefits, plus unlimited rides on the Carousel (for family of four), invitation to Members Morning at Children’s Corner, and $25 off children’s birthday party rentals at the Carousel, Lefferts Historic House, LeFrak Center at Lakeside, and the Tennis Center
Learn more about Prospect Park