Discover hidden treasures, natural wonders and little-known tales on these interactive guided tours of Prospect Park in the heart of Brooklyn, presented by Turnstile Tours in partnership with Prospect Park Alliance. While taking in the beauty of this iconic park’s woodlands, waterways, wildlife, and landmarks, explore the fascinating layers of natural and human history, from the flora and geology, to the architectural eras visible in the built environment, to the past and present of recreation and play. Explore how use of the park has changed over time, from the original vision of designers Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, to projects underway today that support environmental conservation, historic preservation, and recreational and cultural access for Brooklynites and visitors from around the world.
Tour Info & Highlights
Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, designers of Central Park
Our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and the general public. Please review these guidelines before booking your tour, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
PROOF OF VACCINATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS TOUR: While some of our tours require proof of vaccination under the new Key to NYC program introduced on August 17, 2021, it is not required for our Prospect Park or Food Cart Tours, as they take place entirely outside.
If you are not vaccinated, we ask you to please wear a mask for the duration of the tour, per New York State guidelines.
Please make note of these other guidelines for all of our tours.
- Tours are limited to 15 participants.
- Access to public restrooms may be limited throughout the tour, so please plan accordingly.
- Maintain social distancing: In order to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, we ask that everyone stay at least 6 feet apart from people who are not in their immediate pod or group.
- Everyone must bring a mask: Please bring a mask that fully covers your nose and mouth, as circumstances may arise in which a mask is required. Please note that many of our staff live in households with small children that cannot currently be vaccinated, so they may request that you wear your mask, even when outside.
- If you have not received a full course of a vaccine, we ask you to please wear a mask for the duration of the tour, per New York State guidelines.
- If you are feeling unwell either before or during your tour experience, please remove yourself from the tour and let us know so that we can refund your ticket or reschedule you to a future date.
- We’re committed to working together to create a healthy and safe experience for our team and visitors, and our professionally-trained guides will be there to support you. Turnstile Tours’ staff have received training on compliance with new health and safety protocols, will have hand sanitizer on their person, and will be wearing their masks at all times during the tour and when interacting with the public.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for individuals who endanger staff, visitors, and partners by refusing to abide by these rules, or who engage in verbal or physical harassment, displays discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the experience of others. Tour participants who violate these policies may be asked to leave the tour without a refund.
- Turnstile Tours collects and retains the names and contact information of all tour attendees in the event that contact tracing efforts are necessary, and this information may be shared with public health authorities.
- Even if you have received a vaccine, you must abide by all of these rules.
- Turnstile Tours’ enhanced safety protocols are based on current City and State mandates and recommended guidelines. As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By taking a tour with Turnstile Tours and going outside, you voluntarily assume such risks.
- General Admission: $25 per person
- Seniors (65+): $22.50
- Students and Veterans: $22.50
- Children (5-12): $12.50
- Prospect Park Alliance Members: 25% off
- Children under 5 are welcome to attend free
- Advance ticket purchase is required
Private tours are available, and pricing is based on a minimum occupancy of 10 guests ($250).
Prospect Park is a 585-acre park located in the center of Brooklyn. Tours may begin and end at different locations, so please take note of this when booking. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, or view the Prospect Park map.
Click the map below for Google Maps directions. If traveling by public transportation, visit mta.info for directions and service alerts.
Hidden Treasures, Sustainable Prospect Park, Art & Architecture Tours
Starting Point: Tours begin on the front steps of the Brooklyn Public Library Central Library, located at 10 Grand Army Plaza. The nearest subway stations are at Grand Army Plaza (2,3) and 7th Av (B,Q).
End Point: These tours end at either the LeFrak Center at Lakeside, located in the southeast corner of the park near the Parkside Av (Q) subway station, or at the Children’s Corner, near the Prospect Park (B,Q,S) station.
Please contact us for more details on booking a private tour of Prospect Park. Private tours can be offered seven days a week, subject to availability. Pricing for private tours is based on a minimum occupancy of 10 guests (starting at $250).
These tours are offered on behalf of the Prospect Park Alliance, a nonprofit organization founded in 1987 to restore and maintain Prospect Park after a long period of steady deterioration and decline. The Alliance works to preserve the natural environment, restore historic design, and provide public programs and amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year. If you would like to become the member of the Alliance and support their work, you can add a membership to your purchase when reserving tour tickets. Membership levels include:
- Friend ($35): Prospect Park Alliance aluminum water bottle, $35 off a Citi Bike annual membership, invitations to fall and spring Member Tours & Trails, and 10% off season passes for ice skating, roller skating, bike and boat rentals at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside
- Supporter ($100): Prospect Park Alliance tote bag, invitation to Member Creatures of the Night tour, subscription to Brooklyn Magazine, $1 off a beer at the Smorgasburg Beer Garden, and complimentary skating admission on Wednesdays
- Family Supporter ($150): All of the Supporter benefits, plus unlimited rides on the Carousel (for family of four), invitation to Members Morning at Children’s Corner, and $25 off children’s birthday party rentals at the Carousel, Lefferts Historic House, LeFrak Center at Lakeside, and the Tennis Center
Learn more about Prospect Park
- We Are At a Moment That Will Be Remembered ... with Emily Oliveira | Free Virtual Program | Thursday, December 9
- Calvert Vaux: Architect for the People | Virtual Program | Monday, December 20
- Olmsted, Public Health, and Urban Planning with Olmsted-Beil House | Episode 244
- Climate Change Conversation with Prospect Park Alliance Forest Ecologist Howard Goldstein | Episode 242
- Battle of Brooklyn: Revolutionary War Sites of Prospect Park | Episode 238