In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
Race, Riots, and the Right to Learn: Black Education in Antebellum New York | Virtual Program | Thursday, June 17
- Sawasdee, Somtum Der! Lessons in Thai Language & Cooking | Episode 225
- Thai Communities and Family Recipes in NYC | Episode 223
- Function and Fusion: Thai Flavors in America | Episode 220
- Behind the Build: Bednark Studio | Episode 219
- Made in NY Campus at Bush Terminal Virtual Tour | Episode 218
- Renovation and Reinvention of the Brooklyn Navy Yard's Building 127 | Episode 217
- Galangal and Globalization: How Thai Ingredients Get to Our Plate | Episode 216
- Exploring the Brooklyn Army Terminal | Episode 215