In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
The World in a Box: The 65th Anniversary of Containerized Shipping with Marc Levinson | Virtual Program | Monday, April 26
Heartlands, Chokepoints, and Conflict Zones: How Geopolitics Maps the World | Virtual Program | Thursday, April 29
Brooklyn Navy Yard Virtual Artists’ Studio Visits | FREE Jane's Walk Virtual Program | Friday, May 7
- Exploring the Brooklyn Navy Yard Archives | Episode 203
- Where is Pete Panto? Corruption and Crusaders on NYC's Waterfront | Episode 202
- Around the World in One Kitchen with Brian Hoffman | Episode 201
- Celebrating One Year, 200 Episodes of Virtual Programs | Episode 200
- Delaware & Raritan Canal / Camden & Amboy RR with the Canal Society of New Jersey | Episode 198
- Black Sailors and Shipworkers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, 1866–1966 | Episode 195
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Birthday: Celebrating 220 Years of Industry and Innovation | Episode 194
- Chinese New Year Traditions | Episode 193