In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
Climate Week: Lower Manhattan Coastal Resiliency Virtual Tour | Free Virtual Program | Monday, September 21
Climate Week: Tackling Climate Change in Prospect Park | Free Virtual Program | Thursday, September 24
Cycling for All New Yorkers: Adaptive Bicycles with AdaptAbility | Free Virtual Program | Saturday, September 26
- "Every Day Is a Holiday" Film Screening and Discussion | Episode 136
- Gastrodiplomacy and the Rise of Thai Cuisine in America | Thai Food in America | Episode 1
- The 9/11 Boatlift: Panel Discussion with Maritime Heroes | Episode 134
- Planting for Pollinators and Native Plant Gardening | Episode 133
- Lighting the Way: Staten Island's National Lighthouse Museum | Episode 129
- The Trees of Prospect Park with Howard Goldstein | Episode 126
- What's Cooking? Haitian Cuisine with Grandchamps | Episode 125
- Voices of World War II: Brooklyn Navy Yard Oral Histories | Episode 124