In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
Ships of Stone: Concrete Shipbuilding from the World Wars to Today | Virtual Program | Thursday, August 19
Cross Country on a Citi Bike: The True Story of an Adventurous New Yorker | Virtual Program | Thursday, September 9
- Capturing Food Carts with Photographer Maxwell Schiano | Episode 233
- Ship Spotting at the Brooklyn Navy Yard | BCAP at Home
- Machines and Tools: Printing Technology with Woodside Press | BCAP at Home
- Exploring Staten Island's Olmsted-Beil House | Episode 226
- Sawasdee, Somtum Der! Lessons in Thai Language & Cooking | Episode 225
- Thai Communities and Family Recipes in NYC | Episode 223
- Function and Fusion: Thai Flavors in America | Episode 220
- Behind the Build: Bednark Studio | Episode 219