In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
Brooklyn Navy Yard Birthday: Celebrating 220 Years of Industry and Innovation | Free Virtual Program | Tuesday, February 23
Black Sailors and Shipworkers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, 1866–1966 | Virtual Program | Saturday, February 27
- Staying Afloat During COVID-19: Three Stories from the Brooklyn Waterfront
- Virtual Opening for Public Art at the Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Winter Birding with the Brooklyn Bird Club | Episode 186
- Portal to Prospect Park: Restoring the Endale Arch | Episode 185
- Sustainable Manufacturing with Countertop Maker IceStone | Episode 181
- Canners, Compost, Community, Art: A Special Peek Inside Sure We Can | Episode 175
- Exploring the Morris Canal with the Canal Society of New Jersey | Episode 172
- “Pop-Surreal” Art and Tile Demo with Artist Ralph Almeida | Episode 171