In an effort to retain our talented staff and stay connected with our community, we are now offering online experiences that highlight our tours, research, and partners. We are talking with makers, street vendors, and museum staff, showing artifacts and materials from our archives, and sharing stories and research about the people and places that we love in New York City and beyond. Some sessions are free, while others are just $5 per household, which will help us support our staff so we can be ready to get back to giving tours once this difficult time has passed.
You can also sign up for a Turnstile Membership – become an Apprentice, a Steward, or a Quartermaster, and get access to live programs, our vast archive of past shows, and other members-only benefits – or organize a virtual experience for a private group.
Below are the sessions currently available to sign up for, to which we will be adding in the days and weeks to come. | View all upcoming programs
Arch Puppets: When Grand Army Plaza Had a Puppet Lending Library | Virtual Program | Thursday, January 21
- Sustainable Manufacturing with Countertop Maker IceStone | Episode 181
- Canners, Compost, Community, Art: A Special Peek Inside Sure We Can | Episode 175
- Exploring the Morris Canal with the Canal Society of New Jersey | Episode 172
- “Pop-Surreal” Art and Tile Demo with Artist Ralph Almeida | Episode 171
- Holiday Plants at Urban Garden Center | Episode 169
- Stories with Children's Author Peter G. Reynolds | Episode 166
- Thanksgiving Traditions of the Essex Market | Episode 164
- Photographer Jonathan Atkin, the ShipShooter | Episode 163