Join us for part two of our conversation with archivist Dennis Riley of the New York State Archive. Dennis will share his research into the treasure trove of materials related to Puerto Rico held at the National Archives at New York, focusing on the role of the US military on the island from the Spanish-American War onward.
- Hunter College Center for Puerto Rican Studies, “The Puerto Rican Experience in the U.S. Military: A Century of Unheralded Service”
- Harry Franqui-Rivera (2013), “National Mythologies: U.S. Citizenship for the People of Puerto Rico and Military Service”
- US Dept. of Defense, “Puerto Ricans Represented Throughout U.S. Military History“
- Smithsonian, “Three German Ships, Puerto Rico, and the Great War: the First Shots Fired by the U.S. in WWI”
- Andrew R. Martin (2017), Steelpan Ambassadors: The US Navy Steel Band, 1957–1999