Take a short trip west of New York City to explore a little-known and much misunderstood language and culture: the Pennsylvania Dutch, who aren’t Dutch at all but German. Educator and entertainer Keith Brintzenhoff takes us beyond pork and sauerkraut, hex signs and distelfinks, to learn about this German immigrant community, efforts to preserve its endangered language, and opportunities to celebrate its music, food, and more.
- Toad Creek Music
- Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center
- Historic Schaefferstown
- Pennsylvania Dutch 101 with Doug Madenford
- Nutting, Wallace, Pennsylvania Beautiful (Google Books)
- Virtual Programs Main Page • Become a Turnstile Member
- Past Virtual Programs • Virtual Programs FAQs