For almost a century, New Jersey’s Morris Canal fueled New York City with anthracite coal from northeast Pennsylvania, but now for nearly another century, the abandoned canal has been all but obliterated from the landscape. Join us as Tim Roth of the Canal Society of New Jersey helps uncover this lost canal, its innovative design, and its vital role in the history of New York City. Our discussion will also look at the lives of the people who worked that waterway, and current efforts to return its remnants to public view.
- Canal Society of New Jersey • Facebook
- Morris Canal Greenway
- Delaware & Raritan Canal Watch • Facebook
- WATCH By Land or By Sea: The Port of New York Paradox | Episode 25
- Virtual Programs Main Page • Become a Turnstile Member
- Past Virtual Programs • Virtual Programs FAQs